Videos for tools to use in Email Marketing.
Top 7 Email Marketing Tips
Email marketing is a type of digital marketing when you use emails to promote your services and products. There is no involvement of an intermediate channel or person, so it is direct communication between the customer and the company.
Every email marketing has two main objectives; to inform your potential customers about the recent updates and obviously generating good sales and revenue. Email marketing is one of the most profitable options as it generates $42 for every $1 spent with around 4200% ROI. Here are some incredible facts and figures:
- There are three times more email accounts than that of Facebook and Twitter combined.
- There are 4 billion active email users daily.
- A report showed that 78% of email marketers had seen an increase in email engagement in the past 12 months.
- 64% of small business owners use email marketing for their business.
- According to Statista, email marketing will be valued at $17.6 billion by 2027.
- The report showed that more than 3.6 billion emails are sent per day.
These points highlight the importance of email marketing. Like many other SEO and lead generation techniques, email marketing has been abused by digital marketers, and many think that email marketing doesn't work in 2021. This is not entirely true. If you do email marketing correctly, it will definitely bring amazing results for your business.
Why email marketing? Well, there are some amazing benefits of using this type of digital marketing which are as follow:
- Email marketing is a cheap or inexpensive way of marketing.
- It gives you an opportunity to meet your target audience and communicate with your audience as well.
- It is an effective way of generating revenue and increasing sales to a large extent.
- Reaching the right people at the right time is much easier with email marketing.
- Email marketing is an excellent way to get reviews and feedback to improve the products or services.
- When you have subscribers with their emails, it becomes easier for you to share your content with them.
- It builds the authority of your business as the customers signup for the updates and love to read your content.
Email marketing has many other benefits both for small- and large-scale businesses. In order to get the maximum results, you have to optimize it and sent it by following some working tips.
Top 7 Effective Email Marketing Tips
There are different types of email marketing campaigns such as welcome emails, newsletters, re-engagement, triggered emails, and seasonal emails. Email marketing can be very fruitful if you do it properly. Many people don't end up with effective results as they don't know how to do it properly. I have collected seven proven tips for email marketing. Let's get started!
(1) Get Personal
Some marketers think personalization is calling a subscriber by his name. This is not all of it. If you get personal with the target audience, there are bright chances of getting better attention and leads. Getting personal means understanding the needs of the subscribers, send relevant emails and timely emails. To do so, you have to collect relevant data to engage your audience.
(2) Get to Know Your Audience
The most important pillar of effective email marketing is to understand your target audience. There are some key points that you must keep in mind while defining your audience.
- Pain points
In order to know your target audience, you must know their challenges, where they live, their income, and how do they use your services or products. This is how you can provide them with relevant material after knowing them fully.
(3) Write a Killer Subject Line
No one can deny the importance of a persuasive and compelling subject line for email marketing. By seeing your subject line, a subscriber may open it and read the whole post on your website. If it is not done correctly, he might not open it, delete it, or even report it as spam. As the recipient's email section is heavily crowded so try to write a subject line which he doesn't ignore. Here are some proven tips in this regard:
- Always write the subject line last. This is how you will have the full picture of what you are trying to explain.
- If you have creative ideas about more subject lines, go for an experiment and check which subject line works.
- Use power words
- Create a curiosity gap
- Always write a short subject line (maximum three words).
- Consider it your first CTA. Use action verbs to make it specific and urgent.
You can find many such practices for writing an effective subject line. However, by incorporating these practices, you can come up with a great subject line.
(4) Make Your CTA Button Contextual
CTA stands for ‘Call to Action.' Whatever you do with email marketing (especially for actionable content), your main focus should be on the CTA button. When a subscriber or a reader clicks on this button, he is directed to the main service or product page. This largely depends on how you create this button.
Crafting CTAs for a campaign is important; otherwise, everything you do will yield nothing. While creating CTA, think differently. Try something that grabs the reader's attention. After creating the CTA, always check whether it looks suitable, actionable, and hard to miss. For example, instead of creating CTA on ‘buy now' or ‘shop here,' you can create CTA as ‘Shop 24-Hours Sale' as it will arise a sense of urgency to take action.
(5) Quality Beats Frequency
Many digital marketers ramp up their email frequency for traffic and lead generation purposes. This technique is not useful from a reader's perspective as it will lead to disaster instead of providing good results. If a recipient's email section is overloaded with your email, he'll either block you or mark it as spam.
Always provide users with something useful and worth reading. Your email must depict your professional attitude and, above all, great user experience. For this purpose, put extra time and focus on a single email instead of creating ten other emails.
(6) Sell Benefits, Not Features
While copywriting your emails, you must keep in mind this tip. It is important as a customer is always more interested in the benefits of a product or service instead of its features.
For example, instead of writing ‘sharp mower blade,' you can narrate it as the customer will spend less time. Here is a clear difference between the benefits and features.
Moreover, always keep the reader first while describing the benefits of a product. If you just talk about the product or service, it will be boring stuff. Point of the benefits for the user by using the pronoun ‘You.'
(7) Use the Double Open Story
It has been seen that email marketers who use double open story, get more exposure to their posts or pages. The double open story brings more traffic and generates more revenue from a particular email campaign. If you are not familiar with the double open story, it is just sending an email to those who haven't opened the first email. For this, you just have to change the subject line.
Here are some useful tips and precautions for the double open story:
- Always create a different and unique subject line that grabs the user's attention.
- Don’t send the 2nd email right after the first email. Think about the proper time.
- Optimize pre-header text.
There are many people who don’t open the email for the first time. Sending a useful email twice will let them open it and boost email marketing ROI.
Other Writing, Design, and Delivery Tips for Email Marketing
- Always have a clear purpose or goal in mind while writing the email.
- According to The Guardian, on average, every person receives 121 emails daily. Therefore, always write an email that delivers value.
- Develop an email marketing plan by managing the timeline, email list marketing tools, and types of email.
- Don't forget to perform A/B testing to test different versions of a marketing campaign.
- Always have a plan for the holidays as the subscribers are already expecting some coupons or plans.
- Don’t forget to reward your VIP recipients.
- It’s okay if someone unsubscribes. Don’t take it personally.
- Your email design should be consistent and on-brand.
- Learn copywriting tactics or skills for effective email writing.
Email Marketing Wrap Up
I have articulated an ultimate guide about email marketing and seven working tips for effective email marketing. The last section of the article has some additional tips to make your mark in this field. If you follow these email marketing tips and strategies, you can run an email marketing campaign successfully and get even better results.
Email marketing is an important skill nowadays. It is not a piece of cake. You can only achieve results if you give your 100% to see good ROI. It is the right time to maximize your efforts and get the desired results in no time.
- draft old mm's sales page - December 2021 - May 25, 2021
- Crush Local SEO with the Maps SEO Ninja Training Course - December 2021 - February 18, 2021
- Fusion Protocol/Laboratory Review & Bonus - December 2021 - December 28, 2020